Friday, September 30, 2011

Bread Crumbs


What do you do with those left over pieces of bread, hot dog buns, hamburger buns, that are going stale?  Throw them out no more!  You can make your own bread cumbs with them and save money.  I know that bread cumbs are not that expensive at the store, but just remember that every dollar you save can go towards something much more exciting than bread crumbs!  To make my bread crumbs, I spread all of the left over bread on a cookie sheet and turn my oven on its lowest setting (mine is 175 degrees).  I leave them in the oven until they are hard.  Once the bread is hard, I run them through my blender and voila! bread crumbs!  Store in a sealed jar in the pantry and have bread crumbs whenever you need them.  You can add seasonings, but I usually just wait until I am going to use them and season them at that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment