Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Iced Coffee

I love iced coffee, but can't justify paying $2 or $3 (or much more) for a cup of it.  So, I usually went without and just drank the regular hot coffee (with cream and sugar).  I'm not sure why I didn't ever try making my own, but I think I was just intimidated by the complicated recipes that I found the one time that I went searching on the internet.

Today, I was searching around on the internet and found a post on Iced Coffee at The Pioneer Woman.  It got me to thinking about the few cups of left over coffee that were sitting in my coffee pot.  I mixed coffee and milk in a 3 to 1 ratio and then added two teaspoons of sugar (you can do more or less to your desired sweetness level).  It was wonderful!  I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier.  I do know that I will no longer be pouring out leftover coffee.  It will be going into a mason jar and into the refrigerator.  One of the recommendations at thepioneerwoman.com was to freeze some leftover coffee into ice cubes and use those in place of regular ice cubes when making iced coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment