Monday, September 26, 2011

What's For Dinner?

Tonight, I am making a Nacho Cheese Chip Pie (AKA Dorito Casserole). 


To make this, I used the following recipe

1 - 7 oz bag of Nacho Cheese Chips
1lb ground venison (could use ground beef, ground chicken, ground turkey, etc.)
1 cup homemade salsa (use your favorite)
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 pack taco seasoning
3/4 cup water

Brown ground meat and drain.  Add taco seasoning and 3/4 cup of water.  Cook until mixture thickens.  Mix 1 cup salsa with 1 can cream of mushroom soup and warm.  Layer in an 8x10 casserole dish.  I did a layer of chips, a layer of sauce, and then a layer of meat.  I repeated all three layers and topped with another layer of chips and 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese.  Bake uncovered at 350 degrees until cheese melts and lightly browns.

I am serving this with black beans and brown rice simmered with salsa. 

What are you cooking???

No comments:

Post a Comment