Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Versatile Blogger Award



I am so happy that Carrie from In The Sweet Sunshine has awarded me with The Versatile Blogger award!!!  Thank you so much for that honor, Carrie!

Here are the official rules:
1.  Thank the person for the award and link back to them in your post.
2.  Tell your readers 7 things about yourself.
3.  Give this award to 15 recently discovered bloggers.
4.  Contact those bloggers and let them know the exciting news.

Here are my seven things:
1.  I have canned cabbage.  (Don't ask me why.  I was just in one of those stages where I wanted to can everything that I could get my hands on.  It didn't turn out very well and I will stick to dehydrating cabbage from now on.)

2.  I love cookbooks!  I have a rather large collection of cookbooks that I have collected and like to just sit and thumb through them.

3.  I want to learn to milk a cow.  OK, so this started because my 5-year old wants to learn to milk a cow too, but I got to thinking, why not???

4.  I like hanging clothes on the line to dry.  I enjoy the smell of line dried clothes, but I really enjoy the experience of hanging them out, too.

5.  I hope to one day have some chickens.  We go though quite a few eggs at our house.  I have been able to get some free range eggs from a friend, but would like to have some of our own.

6.   I don't wear sandals.  I never have been able to walk very well in them - I always end up twisting my ankle.

7.  I love to read.  I think I got this from my maternal grandmother because I always seem to remember her having something to read by her rocker.  My husband bought me a Kindle for Mother's Day and I am enjoying all of the reading options.  (I no longer have to carry a bag of books everywhere I go.)

And here are the 15 blogs to which I am awarding The Versatile Blogger award.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

1.  Nap-Time Creations - "My dabbles into just about everything creative"
2.  Lynn's Kitchen Adventures - "Wholesome and delicious meals from my table to yours"
3.  The Farm Girl Recipes - "Where home cooked is simple and yummy"
4.  A Nest In The Rocks - "Striving to create a home strong in the foundations of love, respect, and God's truths . . . "
5.  Sweet Pea's Kitchen - "My daily adventures in the kitchen"
6.  Life's Simple Measures
7.  My Favorite Finds
8.  The Dollar Hollering Homemaker (I love that name!!)
9.  A Provincial Life - "Back to basics"
10. Homestead Revival - "Simply Home. Family. Faith"
11. Cherish Home
12. Keeper of the Home - "Naturally inspired living for the Christian homemaker"
13. Passionate Homemaking - "Loving simple, natural, intentional living"
14. Thy Hand Hath Provided - "Living simply in order to give"
15. Deep Roots at Home

5 comments:

  1. Thank you, Kim, for thinking of me! I wrote some things about myself in a previous post. I hope you don't mind if I cheat and link to it:-). Blessings to you- may your pantry always be full (except in the early summer, of course:-))...http://www.thyhandhathprovided.com/2009/01/my-100th-post-belated.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for listing me in the Versatile Blogger list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome. :) I have quite the collection of cookbooks too, most with sticky notes on recipes to try "someday"... And I love the smell of line-dried clothes too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, thanks SO very much for the award! I'm very appreciative and feel so honored! I'll be putting up a post about the award soon, I'll let you know when I do. Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete