Tuesday, October 11, 2011

What's for Dinner? Sticky Chicken and Brown Rice

I originally found a recipe for Sticky Chicken at MommySavers.com.  I knew it would be a keeper the first time I made it.  This is a recipe that could easily be made in the oven or crock pot.  I serve it over brown rice and have vegetables on the side.  I doubled the original recipe because I wanted a lot of sauce to go over my rice.  Here is the recipe I used:

Sticky Chicken (modified from mommysavers.com):

4 Tbs Soy sauce
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup chili sauce
4 Tbs brown sugar
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 quart jar of home canned chicken (approx. 12 chicken tenders)

Mix all sauce ingredients together.  Drain chicken and place in a baking dish and cover with sauce.  Bake at 350 degrees for approx. 30 minutes until sauce is bubbly.  Serve over rice.


I served this with my home-canned green beans and home-frozen cream corn.  Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment