Sunday, October 9, 2011

What's for Dinner? Steak and Baked Potatoes with Biscuits

Tonight, we had steak, baked pototaes and salad.  I wanted a biscuit or roll to go with them similar to Popeye's biscuits.  I went in search of a recipe, but could only find ones that required a Sprite or 7-Up until I found this recipe at meemoskitchen.blogspot.com.  I used half the butter (because that is all I had available).  This is the final recipe I used:

Biscuits (adapted from meemoskitchen.blogspot.com):
2 cups flour
1 Tbs sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup butter
2 Tbs buttermilk powder
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup water

Mix all dry ingredients together and add diced butter.  Mix until crumbly.  Add buttermilk powder, water and milk.  Mix until fully incorporated.  Roll to about 1/2 inch thick and cut into 3 inch circles. (You can use a cutter or a glass.)  Bake at 400 degrees until browned.  They were delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment