Monday, October 17, 2011

What's for Dinner? Confetti Bean Soup with Beef


Each year for Christmas, I try to make baskets of homemade goodies to give to each family.  One of the items I included last year was a Confetti Bean Soup jar mix that I found the recipe for at Organized Christmas.  I had a few jars left over, so I decided to spice it up a bit and add some meat. 



Here is the recipe I used:

1 jar Confetti Bean Soup
1 bay leaf (in jar)
1 cube beef bouillon (in jar)
1 quart jar home-canned tomatoes
1 lb ground venison
6 cups water
onion powder, to taste
garlic powder, to taste
Cajun seasoning, to taste
Worcestershire sauce, to taste
salt and pepper, to taste

I quick soaked the beans per the mix directions.  After allowing them to soak for 1 hour, I added the seasonings and tomatoes.  At the same time, I browned the venison and added it to the mix.  I cooked the mix over a low heat until the beans were tender. 

I served this over brown rice with fresh collard greens, cornbread, and candied sweet potatoes (recipe to come later).  YUM!!

This post is linked to: Must Try Mondays

No comments:

Post a Comment