Saturday, October 22, 2011

Acorns To Oaks

Last fall, our church did a program titled, "Acorns to Oaks".  It was a great little play and made me think about how God grows each of us into exactly what He needs us to be.  Wednesday night at church, the book that my son selected was Max Lucado's The Oak Inside the Acorn (Novel) .  It is a wonderful book that my son has wanted me to read over and over.  The moral of the story is that none of us knows what is in store for our future, but we just have to be "the person God made us to be" and stop trying to be what those around us are.  I highly recommend this book if you have a child or grandchild.  It does open up some great lines of communication about growing up and following God.


Note:  The links in this post are my referral links.

No comments:

Post a Comment