Monday, October 3, 2011

What's For Dinner? Corn Dog Bites and Homemade French Fries

I found a recipe from Sweet Pea's Kitchen for Mini Corn Dogs and knew that I would have to try them at some point.  I couldn't decide what to cook last night, but knew I had some potatoes that needed to be used.  I decided that I wanted homemade french fries, and thought that the Corn Dog Bites would go great with them.  Here is the recipe that I used:

Corn Dog Bites (modified from sweetpeaskitchen.com)

3/4 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup self rising flour
1/8 tsp salt
dash black pepper
1/8 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup buttermilk (I used 4 Tbs buttermilk powder and 1 cup water)
2 packages for hot dogs

Cut hot dogs into thirds and set aside.  Mix remaining ingredients to make batter.  Use toothpicks to dip each hot dog piece into the batter.  Make sure it is covered well.  Place hot dog bite into hot oil to fry and allow to brown on both sides.  Mine don't look as pretty as those from Sweet Pea's Kitchen, but they were very good!



To make my homemade french fries, I sliced the potatoes and placed them into salt water until I was ready to cook them.  Make sure you don't overload the pan so that they have ample space to brown on all sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment