Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pumpkin Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies

How Sweet Eats had a post last week about Chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies and got me to thinking about pumpkin and chocolate chips and cookies, so I had to do something about it.  I decided to make my own cookies and add in some pecans since I have pecans running through my dreams these days. 



Here is the recipe I used:

Pumpkin Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies (adapted from How Sweet Eats):

1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 can pumpkin puree
2  eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Mix all ingredients until thoroughly combined.  Drop by teaspoons onto waxed paper and bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes.  Note that these are a moister, cakier cookie than those of How Sweet Eats because I used a whole can of pumpkin puree, but I knew if I only used part of the can, it would end up at the back of my refrigerator and I would wonder what it is months from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment