I am so happy that Carrie from In The Sweet Sunshine has awarded me with The Versatile Blogger award!!! Thank you so much for that honor, Carrie!
Here are the official rules:
1. Thank the person for the award and link back to them in your post.
2. Tell your readers 7 things about yourself.
3. Give this award to 15 recently discovered bloggers.
4. Contact those bloggers and let them know the exciting news.
Here are my seven things:
1. I have canned cabbage. (Don't ask me why. I was just in one of those stages where I wanted to can everything that I could get my hands on. It didn't turn out very well and I will stick to dehydrating cabbage from now on.)
2. I love cookbooks! I have a rather large collection of cookbooks that I have collected and like to just sit and thumb through them.
3. I want to learn to milk a cow. OK, so this started because my 5-year old wants to learn to milk a cow too, but I got to thinking, why not???
4. I like hanging clothes on the line to dry. I enjoy the smell of line dried clothes, but I really enjoy the experience of hanging them out, too.
5. I hope to one day have some chickens. We go though quite a few eggs at our house. I have been able to get some free range eggs from a friend, but would like to have some of our own.
6. I don't wear sandals. I never have been able to walk very well in them - I always end up twisting my ankle.
7. I love to read. I think I got this from my maternal grandmother because I always seem to remember her having something to read by her rocker. My husband bought me a Kindle for Mother's Day and I am enjoying all of the reading options. (I no longer have to carry a bag of books everywhere I go.)
And here are the 15 blogs to which I am awarding The Versatile Blogger award. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
1. Nap-Time Creations - "My dabbles into just about everything creative"
2. Lynn's Kitchen Adventures - "Wholesome and delicious meals from my table to yours"
3. The Farm Girl Recipes - "Where home cooked is simple and yummy"
4. A Nest In The Rocks - "Striving to create a home strong in the foundations of love, respect, and God's truths . . . "
5. Sweet Pea's Kitchen - "My daily adventures in the kitchen"
6. Life's Simple Measures
7. My Favorite Finds
8. The Dollar Hollering Homemaker (I love that name!!)
9. A Provincial Life - "Back to basics"
10. Homestead Revival - "Simply Home. Family. Faith"
11. Cherish Home
12. Keeper of the Home - "Naturally inspired living for the Christian homemaker"
13. Passionate Homemaking - "Loving simple, natural, intentional living"
14. Thy Hand Hath Provided - "Living simply in order to give"
15. Deep Roots at Home