Thursday, October 6, 2011

What's for Dinner? Tomato Soup with Rice and Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

Since I have been on a field trip today with my son, we are doing something quick and simple for dinner tonight.  It is very important to have the makings of such a simple and yet filling meal on hand for such occasions.  Otherwise, it would be very easy to be tempted to run through the first drive-through that you see.  To make this meal, I will use a couple cans of Campbell's Tomato Soup that I caught on sale a while ago at 2 for $1.  I will add some celery salt, onion and garlic powder, and pepper.  I will use some left over brown rice to give it some additional filling power.  I will grill the sandwiches in my cast iron skillet with some butter.  I will probably throw a side salad together to complete a frugal, filling, and quick meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment