Saturday, October 1, 2011

Homemade Pizza


I never realized how eazy homemade pizza could be until I found this recipe at allrecipes.com.  The basic recipe is as follows:

Pizza Dough (from allrecipes.com):

1 cup warm water
1 Tbs sugar
2 1/4 tsp (1 pkt) yeast
1 tsp salt
2 Tbs oil
3 cups flour

Mix warm water and sugar and add yeast.  Allow to sit for a couple of minutes until yeast is activated and then add oil and salt.  Mix well and add flour a little at a time. (I use my Kitchen Aid mixer and add 1/3 cup at a time.)  Once all flour is added, scrape down the sides of the bowl and continue to mix until a dough forms.  You can roll out at this point, but if I have time, I like to allow it to rise for a little while.  Once I start to roll it out, I add Italian seasoning to the dough and knead it in with my hands.  Once the crust is rolled out, place it on your pizza pan and poke holes in it with a fork.   Put it in the oven on your pizza pan for about 5 minutes at 400 degrees to allow it to crisp up. 




For our sauce, I combine 1 quart of my home canned pasta sauce with 1 can of tomato paste and mix will.  I then use about half of that amount for the sauce. (Save the rest in the refrigerator for another time.)  My son just wants cheese on his pizza, but for my husband and myself, I add ground venison, cooked bacon, sausage, ham, and pepperoni.  You can add whatever toppings you might like.   Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes.  This makes a delicious homemade pizza and is so quick and easy to put together.

No comments:

Post a Comment